With the craziness & uncertainty in the world today, there is no better time to eat better for your immune health. Now, healthy eating is always a great idea to keep you well & energized throughout the year, but now more than ever, make these changes today…
- Eat your fruits and veggies! Produce are packed with key vitamins and minerals that boost the immune system. Citrus fruits, strawberries, and bell peppers are loaded with vitamin C & sweet potatoes, spinach, and carrots have good amounts of vitamin A. It is always better to eat an actual piece of fruit or vegetable instead of taking a supplement, so if you can get to the store to shop, do so! Fresh, frozen and canned (look out for added sugars & salts) are all good options to fill your plate.
- Get strong with protein! You need to eat enough protein to help build up your immune system. A variety of animal protein foods like lean beef, chicken, turkey, seafood, and eggs & plant-based protein foods like beans, edamame, tofu, and nuts & seeds are foods you need to regularly build your day with.
- Energize with quality carbohydrates! Filling your plate with whole grains, low-fat dairy, & those healthy fruits and veggies again all give your body the essential carbs it needs. Carbs provide energy for your body so you can get through your day. Don’t skimp here when you want to fuel your immune system, just make sure to choose those healthy carbs and steer clear of processed breads, cakes, pastries, and sugars.
- Try some fermented foods. These foods are naturally preserved by bacteria and help build a healthy “microbiome”… aka the bacteria that live in your gut, which help with immunity. Some fermented foods include yogurt with “live and active cultures”, kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, and kimchi. When there are more healthy bacteria in your gut, there is less room for harmful viruses.
- DRINK WATER – enough said!
Wanting to make a change… don’t stress! Take a small step in the right direction, and each little change will get you closer to your long-term goal. Need help? I’m your girl! Schedule your complimentary Discovery Call today by clicking HERE. Reach out to [email protected] with any questions.