If you constantly feel hungry… dare I say HANGRY… something is up. And, if you are pursuing weight loss too, there may be some daily habits & behaviors that are leading to your hunger. Feeling stuck?… Keep reading for some top reasons you may be CONSTANTLY hungry!
- You’re skipping meals – you got to EAT meals & snacks still… no skipping! It’s normal to consume 3 meals & 3-4 snacks/day even on a weight loss journey. This will help regulate your metabolism & balance food intake throughout the day.
- You’re not eating the right foods – It’s not just calories in versus calories out! What types of foods are you eating? Are you getting enough carbs? Protein? Fat? If you are feeling hungry… something is missing (or the quantity is too small) & needs to be adjusted to keep you full & happy!
- You’re not prioritizing sleep – aim for 7 hours each day to help you make the best food choices daily. Using food & caffeine to “keep you awake” is not a great habit to get into. Routine sleep is a foundational behavior – it needs to be established before you can layer on specifics about food choices!
- You’re not drinking enough water – in fact, you actually might be dehydrated & not even hungry at all! Aim for half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Your stress levels are high – learning how to healthfully cope with stress is going to be key. It’s never going to be removed from your life, but you can learn how to control it.
- You’re ACTUALLY hungry – but you may choose to ignore your hunger because you feel guilty for just having eaten. However, this can actually lead to bingeing later on! The take-home message for this one… if you are hungry, EAT! “Saving calories” for later never works.
Ready to lose weight without constant hunger?! I got you! Let’s make your journey successful & enjoyable while feeling properly fueled & satisfied. Hit REPLY & let me know which reason above resonates MOST with you! Let’s get you moving in the right direction!